Editis Group (Vivendi Group) announces its capital partnership with Jungle publishing, which demonstrates the desire of the 2nd French publishing group to develop itselfin the growing sector of graphic novel and comics.
Editis becomes Jungle shareholder up to 30%
Editis – Vivendi Group participated last July in a capital increase of Jungle and is now a shareholder of 30% (Steinkis Group remaining holder of the remaining 70%). It is the implementation and development of joint editorial projects that naturally motivated this rapprochement. Through this capital investment, Editis – Groupe Vivendi demonstrates its ambitions in the comic strip segment, a fast-growing sector, and its desire to develop a know-how that the group did not have until now.
In 2013, Steinkis Group acquired 50% of Jungle, owned by Casterman (Madrigal Group), a transaction advised by Largillière Finance.
As part of this operation Editis and Jungle have made the choice to develop their partnership by creating equally a new publishing house of comics.
These two groups have already had links for several years through numerous collaborations (with Nathan, Pocket, Plon, Les Escales or 404 editions), purchases of rights (the comic adaptation of the series Les filles au Chocolat de author Cathy Cassidy, published by Nathan) or joint publishing projects.
This new entity, which will now be integrated into Edi8 (Practice and Illustrated Practice of Editis) will be able to rely on the very rich catalog of the houses of the group, in order to propose comics adaptation to their authors, according to their works headlights. The new house will also offer original creations in resonance with the major editorial axes of Editis – Vivendi group (thrillers, science fiction, fantasy, adventure, history), which allows Steinkis Group to complete its editorial offer. Several projects have already begun, the first titles will be announced on the occasion of the next Angoulême International Comics Festival, and will be published on the second half of 2020.
About Jungle (www.editions-jungle.com/)
Since its creation in 2003, Jungle has become a leading comic book publisher of youth and humor. Steinkis Group bought Jungle in 2013, an operation advised by Largillière Finance. “Editor of good humor” since 2012, Jungle has promoted the emergence of new universes and new authors in the youth comics, contributing to the strong momentum of the segment. Its publications have the support of booksellers and the interest of audiovisual producers, several films and TV Shows derived from its publications are under development
About Editis (www.editis.com/)
Belonging to Vivendi group since January 2019, Editis is a French publishing leader that brings together nearly 50 prestigious houses. With a large portfolio of internationally renowned authors, 4,000 new titles published each year and a collection of more than 45,000 titles, Editis is active in the fields of general literature, youth, practice, illustrated, education and reference.
Stakeholders list :
|Investor : Groupe Editis – Vivendi||Vincent Barbare|
|Company : Jungle||Moïse Kissous|
|Shareholder Advisor : Largillière Finance||Paul Bougnoux|